Tuesday, December 6, 2011

1st post... 1st blog..

Hello folks! I'm not quite sure if anyone is, or will be reading any of this, but hello anyways. Winter is upon us Minnesotans, and as such, I will be spending alot more time inside. So instead of buying mw3 and being a total jackass sitting inside all winter playing vids, I thought I would be a total jackass sitting inside all winter on the internet. Seems to be a healthy alternative, so I decided to start (yet another) moped blog, as if there's not enough out there already I'll be documenting the stuff I'll be building this winter, so without anymore rambling...

This is the furthest along build, so why not start with that. right? Vespa Bravo frame and subframe with welded crossbar for the tank, which is an old plastic can am dirtbike gas tank, and a handmade sheet metal cafe seat. The engine is a kinetic (i know, i know) engine, stock intake size, 12/10 carb. transfer ports are opened moderately (which will be the subject for another time) and exhaust port is opened up to match the exhaust. Other than that stock cylinder, and a high comp malossi head with no decomp.

The pipe is a NOS sito cobra circuit pipe, pretty small, but perfect for this setup. other less exciting things are kinetic rear wheel, non variated, but look at the size of that hub! And clipons. Its coming along nicely and is getting just over the 35 mph mark so far, with quite a bit more low end than it started with. Things to be done are: gas tank and seat mounted, headlight finished and wired up, paint, and some minor cosmetic things. So far I have heard nothing but trash talked about these kinetic clone engines, but with a cdi, 12v lights, and no rebuild necessary (2003 engine!) Its really growing on me. The bravo frame came with no engine and I had the kinetic just sitting in my garage as a parts bike, so why not. Well thats where I'm at with this build for now, but this'll be a mostly mopeds blog with quite a bit of motorcycle stuff thrown in for good measure. I have much more to share, but my dog is whining at the door, so thats all for now.

1 comment: